Saturday, August 11, 2012

Can't stay away

A hint of fall in the air this morning... low 60sº, brilliant sun.   

I squeezed through the locked fence at the Dean Hayes track this morning.   I just wanted to do a light workout to start my weekend.  Wanted to feel that nice 'post workout feeling' this morning.  Nothing hard, just enough for a light sweat.

Everything felt fine.  Left ham a little tight, some knee clicking but no pain.
Spira training shoes on 
600m warmup on grass, stretches, drills 
800m - 2:35 (75, 80)
I probably should limit my track training to once a week for the next month or so.   The track has become an old friend, a routine I've become fond of.  I want to really develop a solid aerobic foundation this fall, but I don't want to do too much road work so as to affect my knee.  Maybe I'll race a 5K this fall.

I went to the weight room yesterday and have been doing core work.  My weight is staying around 141 - 142, excellent for the off season.

Also, I'm enjoying playing my guitar, watching the Olympics, and doing some reading.   How 'bout those USA 4x100m ladies .... WR!




No comments:

Post a Comment