Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wed. 4/20 - on the track


The severe storms of last night moved through and left a nice cloudy cool morning for a workout. I felt weak as the cold has gotten into my lungs, but I think I'm getting over it fast. I've drank over a gallon of juice in the past 2 days. During my 800m warmup, I felt old and pained, but as I started my dynamic warmup, which always produces a good sweat, I felt better and was ready to fly.

Lighter workout today...
2 x 300m - 45, 45
3 x 200m - 28, 29, 30

The first 300m was not too hard, about 80%. After 4 min rest, second 300m was painful, about 90%. 200m was about 85% except I would begin pushing it toward 95% in the 1st half of the last 100m, then back off.

I have been experimenting with stride length. It seems that greater effort sometime translates to faster steps and shorter stride... which may have diminishing returns. When I'm fresh, it seems to take not much effort to stride a 28 sec 200m - about 80%. Sometimes it seems like I'm a vehicle with just 'one speed' where it takes much effort to run faster than my 'standard one speed.'

Weight is good, about 137.4. Should be at my target race weight by Sat - 137 lbs max.

No comments:

Post a Comment