Saturday, April 23, 2011

56.71 - 400m: Vanderbilt Invitational 4/23/11


Not too bad for the first outdoor 400m race of my life.

56.71 is the 3rd fastest 400m in the USA so far this year for men 50-54 and exceeds the TN Senior Games Record by 0.29 and qualifies for the All-American Masters Standard for Excellence in the event for my age group.

A good start. Maybe I should take this event more seriously? I was really doing the long sprints just to recover from my hamstring injury. I think I'll keep doing them. I've definitely recovered from my strain.


Running from lane one, I stayed with the pack for the first 200m and really was hurtin' down the home stretch... I estimate my splits at somewhere about 25, 31 ish.

Painful race, but the pain is short lived. I feel great and encouraged. No strains or injury... and that in and of itself is a win. Maybe I'll do better when I get rid of this chest cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment