Friday, October 23, 2015

not too far gone

Speed work today.  A little test to see where I am.

An unspeakably beautiful day in Sewanee.   Sunset temperatures just under 70º and dry.  Leaves are colorful and the scene was lovely under the half moon.

I did a warm up, laced up my spikes and ran a fast 400.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 50m striders  
Nike R3 spikes on 
400m - 58 (27.5 / 30.5) 
Saucony trainers on 
2 x 200m - 28, 27
Felt hard but good.  Foot issue wasn't as bad today due to the low volume.  It was an honest 58sec 400m and may have been slightly faster, but I'll call it 58.  Not too bad considering I'm carrying about 4 lbs extra and it's off season.   I was 146 lbs after workout.  I could probably run close to 57 in a race right now.

I rested plenty in between my 3 long sprints and I really put out on the last 200m and it kicked my butt.  I ran the 200s in trainers in lane 7 to put less stress on my foot.

I hope to be back on the track in a week.   Time for my concert tour and I have 'my hay in a different barn' right now.


1 comment:

  1. Think you stll got 'some hay' in there.....

    ReplyDelete