Sunday, September 23, 2012

Off season testing

Saturday night on the track, the weather was nothing short of perfect: clear, dry, 68º and there was an MTSU baseball game going on so the track was illuminated eerily from afar.



I did two fast 'feel good' 400s, not really attempting to train, but just testing my speed.   It had been 12 days since I ran.  So, I put the spikes on and took flight.  I felt good and light.




600m warmup on grass, stretches, drills 
saucony spikes on
60m strider 
2 x 400m - 58 (28.5/29.5), 60.5 (29.5/30.5)
100m strider - 14

The first 400m, although not 100%, left me whipped, lungs burning and pumped.   I walked 800m in between, close to full recovery.  It was hard but not bad considering the lack of sprinting.

I need to get in the pool, on the bike and do some cardio.   I've also been neglecting my leg resistance exercises.  But, I have been doing upper body.

No comments:

Post a Comment