Saturday, November 25, 2023

5x150 hill sprints


 



On the boat in the TN River Gorge, today is a scheduled training day and I didn't want to simply do another bike climb, since I'm scheduled to do one tomorrow with Bill M.  So, I rode my bike about a mile and half up the mountain and found a nice straight 150m stretch on one of the steeper sections.  Weather was great, about 60º and sunny.   I measured it with my bike computer.  Before going up, I stopped at a picnic table and did a brief warmup.

Hoka Clifton 1 trainers on

stretches, 1.5 mile bike climb

5 x 150m hill sprints (on pavement) -  26.72, 26.57, 26.37, 26.79, 26.87

It was tough, was going to do 6 but instead I took less rest before my last one.  It wasn't full rest but about 5 min or so.  Was surprised at my times because on Roarks Cove, I'm usually doing 150m hills 28-30, however that road is probably steeper and this was straight and the steepest part was the last 20m.  Overall, a decent session.  Here's the hill looking down.  Hard to see the grade in a photo.

















It was quite cold last night, in the upper 30º.   Monday night is forecast to be in the upper 20ºs on the river and lower 20ºs in Sewanee.  Thinking I might stay Monday night on the river to avoid winterizing.  The water temperature is still 60º so no way is anything in my boat going to freeze while on the water.  Have propane heat.  



No comments:

Post a Comment