Tuesday, November 28, 2023

3x300m tempo

Sunny, 37º with a NW breeze.  Wind chill probably in the low 30ºs.  Still T-shirt weather for a tempo set.  With the cold and wind, knew I wasn't going to one up my best for the season, so completion was #1.  And the avg wasn't bad either.  Didn't have much time after my noon nap so the 'unholy trinity' was all for today.

Hoka trainer on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m, 50m

3 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 49.00, 51.20, 51.85 (50.68 avg)

About the same as my 2nd fastest set of the season.  

After solving some home problems with my fireplace (it's nw working great!), it looks like I'll be doing one more boat trip this weekend.  Forecast to be 65º.   

Weight is getting there.  140.3 lbs after workout.  


1 comment:

  1. If you ever do get MTB flat pedals with traction pins to improve your cycling performance with less foot and ankle stress search for compatible MTB shoes that have stiffer soles. I just bought some shimano winter shoes designed for downhill MTB and they have a stiff but very slightly flexible plate in the sole that makes for great power transfer when pushing with the center of the foot and disperses stress. The soles grip so well to the traction pins it’s almost like being cleated in. I’m very impressed can’t wait to try them outdoors.

    ReplyDelete