Monday, August 9, 2021

Last significant workout of the season

 Warm and humid this evening at the Sewanee track, upper 70ºs and mostly sunny.  Feeling ok and running fast despite a few late season aches and pains, and skin abrasions to my foot due to the too small new spikes.  More on the spikes later.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100m, 50m

'spilt 500' - 300m -  42.29 / 90 sec rest / 200m - 28.69

200m - 26.82

150m - 19.06

4 x 50m sprints with 45 lb weight harness on turf

Felt ok.  The 300m was a second over 400m race pace and the (2nd) 200m was right about 200m race pace.  

My bandaged foot held up well thanks to the blister pads and K-tape.  I had a significant area of missing skin on my little toe and heal of L foot.  A few aches in the posterior L hip and lower ab.  Nothing bad. 

139.0 lbs after workout. 

I am presently stretching the Nikes and it's making a difference.  I have fashioned a 2x4 with a sander and am stretching the shoe by pounding the 2x4 into the shoe after applying heat and steam.  The shoes are stretching and standing up nicely to the abuse.  

My left foot is beat up enough where I will not be able to even put the shoe on until the first race on Sat., the 100m.  I will need to use liner socks and prep my foot with blister pads.    I've tried the right shoe on and it's definitely better.  Just a a bit uncomfortable as opposed to very uncomfortable.  I think they'll improve over the week, and hopefully I won't rip and ruin them.





So... this has to heal... although it was fine during workout today with blister pad and K tape.  Have one on my heel too, but not as deep.  It's really odd... I've not had an abrasion or blister all season in over a 100 days on the track and 15 track meets.  These shoes are definitely not the right size.... or something.


Going to do a early morning workout on Wed. get a covid test for travel and then leave for FL.  

No comments:

Post a Comment