Sunday, June 21, 2020

tempo 150s on turf

73º and breezy at 6:30pm on the longest day of the year.  Still not particularly hot.  Thunderstorms skirted the area but never came so it helped cool the air.

I stayed on turf today, something I'm going to need to do more of the rest of this season which is coming to a close for me.  I don't know how I'll tolerate racing but we'll see.  I definitely want to try a 400m on July 11, and then not sure what after that, but at least 2 possible meets. 

Hoka trainers on 
4x100m stride warmups, stretches, drills 
3 x 3 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest ~ 22 - 24, about 15 min between sets
A decent workout, 1350m of work total.  All sets were about equal in terms of pace,  (22.5 is 60 sec 400m pace) and I averaged 23 low. 

This is one of the better tempo workouts on turf I've done.  Comparable to the 4 x 300m tempo, but a little faster with more volume. 

I'll see how I tolerate this workout, and may continue on turf for volume tempo stuff like this and save the track for speed work.

142..8 lbs after workout.  Fit weight.  Been eating minimally.

No comments:

Post a Comment