Monday, September 9, 2019

split 500

Hot and dry in Sewanee today, if fact ... one of the hottest days this decade.  97º F. at my house, but by sunset, cooling rapidly to upper 70ºs.   I ran faster and less tonight. 
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
'split 500' - 300m - 45 / 90 sec rest / 200m - 30.5
Not a bad workout, quick and done.  A little too brief.  I was going to do more but I ran into the former college track coach and we talked til dark.

For perspective, I was doing this same set in '17 at 42.5 / 29 with only 60 sec rest.  What I did tonight would be typical times of a workout where I did a previous set.  Overall, it puts me in OK shape for this point of the season.  Knees felt fine, foot hurt a little as usual.

I'm hoping in 3 weeks or so to see if I can tolerate 2 running days a week, probably Mon and Fri.  Might do one set on the hill.    5+ weeks to the Chattanooga meet. 

Weight is nominal, not super thin but averaging 144 lbs.  Eating a little more lately.



No comments:

Post a Comment