Thursday, September 19, 2019

Cross training / no more Clifton 1s

Since my last track training, I've done a strong 2 set workout on legs and two biking hill climbs of Raccoon Mtn, and at least a half mile of swimming. 

I'm feeling almost 100% with my knee.  Have been able to single leg squats - 2x15 with 60 lbs.  However, I've gained a bit of weight, still well under 150 lbs. 

The final word with this stupid Chinese company is that they advertised Hoka Clifton 1s on their website with a caption saying "in stock", the sent me the wrong item and finally confirmed they don't have the Clifton 1s.   I told them to send me some Bondi 6s (as an everyday shoe) or refund my money. 

I'm going to try a track workout tomorrow Friday, then again Monday.  Still running 800s tomorrow, maybe some 300s on Mon. 

Yesterday was the 7th consecutive 90º+ day in Sewanee.  14 of 18 days have been above 90º - very unusual.  It is forecast to be several degrees cooler these next few days.  I'll believe it when I see it... they've been underestimating the daily forecast highs for weeks now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment