Monday, May 20, 2019

Back to the track, but not running ...yet

After another wicked mountain bike 10k sprint on Friday - a new PR, I had an active weekend of riding and returned to the track for the first time this yr.

Bike:
PR - 23:31
splits:
4:59 - end of road
11:50 - turnaround
At the track I did my usual pre workout stretches, then did my ab routine, pushups, band exercises, single leg squats and A skips, B skips.  I just liked being there, at the track, with Roya.  Coming up on 18 weeks post op.  Probably 4 weeks minimum before I can think of doing some slow running, maybe stadium stairs.

Fat is coming off as I'm solidly under 150 lbs now.  On my 3rd week of calorie restriction.  Easier to do when I'm home and can have total control of my diet and exercise schedule.  Even after more than 2 weeks eating an avg of 1100 cal/day or less, my daily range is about 145.2 to 148.5, so presently about 146.8 avg.  I think this week will prove to make a difference.  I'm almost there.  Roya noted I have the small 'handles' that protrude from the workout tights, gone when I'm in racing shape.




My strategy is to get very light and lean before starting to run, then start packing on the protein and build muscle.  Easier to keep the fat off when it's gone.  Losing the last 5 lbs are the hardest.  Humans are proficient at storing fat.


Tonight,  I'm going to the weight room.

Eating great.  Nothing but organic fresh vegetables and fruits, nuts, berries, an occasional protein shake, poultry, fish, shirataki noodles.  Making another batch of turkey jerky.  Much better to munch on protein and not fatty nuts and chocolate, like I sometimes do.

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up, you're doing great, and are on the right track! While I don't know you well, I know you well enough to know that this must be very frustrating for you. However, it seems you are doing a good job of patiently taking the steps you need, for a full recovery. Press on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, good luck in the upcoming championships, hope you're able to retain #1. It's hard to do over time.

      Delete