Sunday, May 12, 2013

cardio

Did the usual 30min sweat on the stair master.  Am now using the bone stimulator every night and wearing the boot at least half the time, including at night.  I think I'll get another xray sometime in late June.  

Other things I plan to do to promote healing are to take an advanced bone supplement;  and instead of starting my day with tea and sugar, I'll be doing a Spiru-tein shake that has protein and a broad nutrient spectrum.

If all else fails and a non-union is evident at the end of summer, I will have the surgery.  The Exogen bone stimulator claims an 86% success rate for non-union fractures.

I'll continue to be an athlete and do core, resistance, and flexibility work.

Probably best not to do stairmaster more than once or twice a week.


1 comment:

  1. Seems like a sensible plan. Stay positive! Keep busy!

    ReplyDelete