Sunday, February 26, 2023

Gear lust, new spike order

I have been training in Adidas Takumi Sen 8s for anything fast.  I like the shape and they're extremely comfortable.  So, I got curious about Adidas new 'super spike' - the Adizero Prime SP2.    Now this spike is just about impossible to find.  It is pretty much available to pros only.   Resellers in the US are getting $350+ for these, a shoe that retailed for $180 last yr when briefly available.  These are the shoes Noah Lyles wore for his 19.31 200m AR.  

The Nike Maxflys are proven for me and finally starting to get a little more comfortable so I can wear them without socks.  So, I will most likely wear these for the 400m Nationals.  Nevertheless, they are NOT the most comfortable shoes for me, nor am I in love with the fit and feel.   They are however, high performers and I run real tall in them.  However, the Prime SP2s are more than an ounce lighter than the Nike Maxflys according to published specs, weighing in at an incredible 4 oz.  They feature a carbon plate like the Nikes but a 'Lightstrike foam' instead of the air bladder the Nikes have.

I refuse to pay the ridiculous amount US resellers are asking ... but amazingly, I found them at the normal retail price at a retailer in the UK in my size.  Will be looking forward to trying them, they might even be more comfortable and I may use them for the 800m.  I'm hoping they'll be less hard on my feet than the Nikes.  I expect to get them in a week or so.  

Kind of an ugly color.  But it is what it is... 





No comments:

Post a Comment