Saturday, February 4, 2023

150 tempo set

I wasn't going to run today due to the typical soreness I get after a big stair workout, but I went to the track and warmed up, felt ok and since I had the field to myself, did a maintenance set of 150s.  I think a little active recovery will help get rid of the soreness sooner.  And, no issues with the ham.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100

4x150m on turf w/ 30 sec rest - 23.1, 24.5, 25, 25.5

I wasn't sure if I'd do 4 due to the ham so I started a bit faster than I could maintain all of them.  

I'm going to do a typical indoor circuit tonight for prehab and general strength.  

The weather looks awesome next 3 days.  Going to be 55º tomorrow and 60º Mon - Tues.  Hopefully will do some every day but the temptation is to overtrain and not take a day off from running.  It will also be hard to miss that race on the 12th but I really shouldn't risk it.  I feel almost 100% now and surely in a week will be.   

140.5 lbs after workout.

1 comment:

  1. Great running, William. I like how in tune you are with your body and also how you respond to it to enable you to continue at the optimal level.

    ReplyDelete