Saturday, January 15, 2022

tempo 300s

Do or die today... miserable weather.   But if I didn't go today, it might be until Tues. before I can get on the track.  37º, light rain, N wind at the Sewanee track with a Winter Storm Warning in effect.  I hadn't been running since Wed. so I'm glad to get out today for a brief tempo set.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

3 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 51.65, 51.30, 52.32

This is the workout I failed to finish last weekend.  It's a good marker to measure my level of fitness.  Last year, I was doing 4x300 with 30sec less rest about the same pace I ran 3x300 today.  I'm at least 6-8 weeks away from that level of fitness.  The last 300m really kicked my butt and I felt the lactic.  But yea, conditions were slow.  

We could get 4" of snow by Monday, and with temperatures below freezing all day, will probably be back out by Tuesday, assuming the snow melts.  

142 lbs after workout.  I'm thinking I might aim for a meet in early March.  There's one in KY.  

Thinking traction might be an issue, I used one of my newest pair of Clifton 1s for the workout.  Quite bright they are.   




















European Masters Championships

It looks like about 20 people signed up for the M60 400m at the indoor EMAC.   I think Michael and Benoit Z. are the 2 favorites, and maybe 2 or 3 others might run under a minute.   Surprised to not see John W., the 2019 Euro Champ.   Meet is in 5 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment