Monday, January 10, 2022

First tempo, 300, 300, 200

Sunny and upper 30ºs at the Sewanee track, but with the light wind, it felt ok to run in a T shirt.  Since the injury, I'm estimating it's going to be a while before I will attempt to run 400 race pace, probably 4 weeks at least.  I decided to try a tempo set today, and failed.  Was going to do 3 x 300m w/ 3 min rest, but bailed on the last 300 and made it a 200m.  Fairly pathetic.  I did finish with an uptempo 200m, not fast but a little faster.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 3x100m

300m, 300m, 200m w/ 3 min rest - 50.66, 51.00, 36.85

200m - 30.87

Probably started too fast on the tempo set for my fitness level.   If I don't think I can finish a 300m in under 55 sec, I generally bail.   

Well, back to over distance next workout.  141.9 lbs after workout.

Masters Rankings

Happy to have reigned as #1 400m runner over 60 in the world since July '20... 18 months now.  Quite a stretch.   With my injury, I will be relinquishing that position soon as the European Indoor Championships are coming up and the indoor season ramps up.  The registration deadline for the EMAC Indoor Championships close in 3 days and so far, World Champion Benoit Z. is signed uo and is the class of the field.  I think he may see some competition from the UK but we'll see.  Gerhard from Germany is now M65.   Also, with Russian masters athletes returning  to competition, maybe we'll see some competition from them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment