Friday, December 13, 2019

Gym no track

Still off the track, anticipating doing my first track workout on Sunday.  I had a minor surgery on Friday a week ago to remove a cyst on my back and it's still a tad sore but I've been in the gym almost every day since Sunday, have done 3 stairmaster sets, 2 weight sets, and one bike up the Mtn on  Roarke's Cove Rd.  I'm up to 250 reps each side on glute machine: 50, 5x30, 50.  Twice a week, that's a thousand total reps a week on the glute machine.  It seemed fairly doable last time, may up it +25 reps next time.  I got over 150lbs on Wednesday when I stayed home on snowy night instead of training, so I quasi-fasted yesterday, eating very light and I'm back to around 147ish.  I'd like to be a few lbs lighter when I hit the track on Sunday.  The plantar fasciitis is barely noticeable but not gone.  I'm hoping that I won't be sore after next workout.  If not, I can resume once a week and begin to up it.  Getting impatient and want to start sprinting but I don't need a set back.  I'd like to be 100% by Jan.  I think, due to the persistent conditioning and weights, my base fitness is OK.  Probably not too much different than when I ran a 62 400m 2 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment