Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Hill climb on bike, run testing on track

After slacking a bit on Sunday, I went out and climbed Roarke's Cove Rd. yesterday on the bike, a 28 min 900' climb of 2.8 miles.  My bike needs some adjustment, not getting into the highest and lowest gears.  I stopped on the steepest part of the hill and did a 100m run up to see wha it felt like.  It was fine.   I then went to the track and did my usual warmup and added some single leg squats.  I tried a bit of running.  Running on the turf with high knees and good form, it feels good.  So, I did 3 x 50m high knee running.  I tried a 50m run with normal stride but it felt clunky.

I can tell my first running will be hills and not full stride.  Maybe some stadium stair when I get back to Murfreesboro on July 2.   I can see that it'll be a while before any speed work but it's nice to return to the track and to the hills for some running, even though it's just a little.   No need to rush anything.  I am trying to increase my flexion but when I flex my knee to the max, it really makes some noise. 

My weight was up a bit but body fat still OK.  When I get down to this weight it's not hard to maintain.  I ate a lot of chocolate yesterday and was 147 lbs after dinner, but today will be a light day and I'll be back to 143ish by tomorrow.  Woke up at 144.7 lbs, which is usually at least a lb heavier than after my workout.  I think I'll swim and do stairmaster, abs, and weights today.  Traveling to FL to see my parents tomorrow so I anticipate a break in my workouts for the next week with no bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment