Sunday, June 9, 2019

consolation prize

It was an off season for me last year in '18, and due to injury, and I've taken this year off from track competition, looking ahead to next yr and a new age group: M60.

 At least I finished in the top 10 in the world rankings in the 400m in my age group:  #6 in world / #1 USA indoor; and #10 in world and #3 in USA outdoor. 

I'm happy to share this regional USATF award with my GPTC teammates - we won the masters M50 4x400 relays at both the Millrose Games and at the Penn Relays.   In addition, 2 World Championship relay medals in Spain, a Gold in the M55 4x100m and a Silver in the 4x400m for team USA.

Not too bad for an off year.  Unfortunately, my 2 worst races were the 2 most important: National finals and World Semifinals - 57.43 and 57.50... and that sticks with me the most. 

Thanks to Chuck for sending this award to me and thanks to my awesome teammates.   See you next year at Nationals and Worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment