Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Butt Busting

I was happy to make contact with top collegiate sprinter Johnny B. He has had surgeries for athletic pubalgia and has rehabbed himself. He's been a great source of info and advice.

One thing JB recommended emphatically was busting the glute. Bulgarian squats he recommends highly, saying it was the one exercise most helpful in getting him to run again. He recommended 85lbs ... doing 4 x 8, or something. I've been doing 40 lbs. 3 x 25. It is a butt buster and almost immediately makes my abs feel better... normal, and I don't know why, but it does. Combined this with the Swiss Ball Core-X exercises, and after a workout I can run slowly with good sprint form on my toes with no pain. Its only when I do a sloppy loose jog without warming up, I feel a little pain.

UPDATE:
JB advises against high rep Bulgarian squats. The fatigue could result in loss of form and knee stress. I will take his advice. 8 reps more weight, good form.

Still hope to be back on the track by Halloween. I may be running stairs even sooner. Stairs don't bother me.


Just starting to bring my weight back down from a post season high of 154.
146.6 this morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment