Monday, February 26, 2024

3x300m tempo

Consecutive day on the track.  Weather was irresistible,  sunny, upper 60ºs, S wind sometimes gusty.  I didn't want to do too much so I did the 3x3w/3 but faster than a 3x4w3.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m, 

100m - 14.8

Hoka rocket X2s on

3 x 300m w/ 3 min rest -  47.78, 49.48, 49.5  8  (48.94 avg)

Was feeling a tad worn from yesterday's workout so I kept it to one set.  

Training will be tough this week.  I was even thinking about doing a 3rd day in a row tomorrow because the only other options are Wed - 95% chance of thunderstorms late morning, and Fri 70-80% chance of rain.  Probably will end up taking tomorrow off and getting up early to train Wed before or in the rain, I wouldn't have much time, and the rain chance is 85% by 9am.  Should be in the lows 60ºs.  I won't melt.  

140.0  lbs after workout.

Vadim called me again about trying for a WR 4x4 but I seriously doubt that will happen without Jim.  Who knows if he's even training or what.  Has until Wed to sign up.

 

1 comment:

  1. Bill, I will be having urologic surgery tomorrow at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Northern Virginia. No, I will not be doing a set of 12 400s in 66 seconds today, each with an interval of 3 minutes. I like more of a challenge, in truth.

    Peter L. Taylor

    ReplyDelete