Sunday, September 12, 2021

Band work and first 'running'

4 weeks now since my last race and last sprinting.  My second day in a row at the track and I brought the resistance bands.  Didn't bike as planned yesterday but doing the 'big climb' at Raccoon Mtn tomorrow.  

As with yesterday with the bands, I'm concentrating on ab and adductors, a little ham and hip flexor as well, in addition to my complete set of usual warmups and dynamic stretches.  I also did a 2 min prone plank.  

After all that I did my first running... just 5 x 50yd high knee running on turf, then a 50 and a 100 yd light run on turf.  I do think my aches and pains are fading and the high knee running felt good.  The main stress on this pubalgia issue are forward hip flexor extensions with ankle band resistance.  That's where I feel the injury the most.  So, no real sprinting for quite a while.  

I'm planning on running stadium stairs on Thursday morning.  I'm hoping I can start some foundation intervals on turf or track within a few weeks.  No rush.  First indoor meets I'll consider are as early as 12 weeks away, which is not long, but the main part of indoor season is Jan, Feb, and indoor nationals in March.   I do want to have my A game by January if possible, which means full return to sprint training by at least Nov.  Still, no rush because there is no break between indoor and outdoor, and there is a bit of overlap.  So, when the season starts, it goes til Worlds in Finland in early July and Nationals end of July....  a good 8 months of training.  

No comments:

Post a Comment