Monday, March 1, 2021

tempo 300s

 Back to winter weather.  41º, cloudy, dark, damp, with a NW wind and a wet track ... it was back to work at the Sewanee track.  I was dreading this workout, the 4x300 tempo, but it wasn't so bad.   5 yrs ago, I would do this set and then do another tempo set of 4x200.  I'd do that today if my foot could take it.  (Maybe a second tempo set on turf.)  Anyway, it was the third time I've completed a set of 4x300 w/ 2:30m rest this year, and the fastest since June.  When I can average under 50, that's a milestone.  At my best, I used to average just under 49 with 30 sec less rest.     

Hoka trainers on 

stretches, drills, 2 x100

4 x 300m w/ 2:30 rest (50.81, 49.60, 52.23, 50.90)  avg 50.69

I'm definitely feeling lighter and stronger.  I was able to bring my last 100m in at around 16.5, so I wasn't completely toast.  

142.7 lbs after workout

Last night, I was in my 7th set of a glute machine workout with 290 lbs, and the weight stack cable broke.  I seriously considering fixing it myself.  I sent the Asst. AD who is in charge of equipment a note about fixing it, and I saw him just as I was leaving the track... I told him, "Hey Dickie, hope you fix that machine."  He responded, "It's on my list, and it's a long list."   I've spent hundreds of hours on that machine and I attribute my work on it as an important element of my training.  It is essentially the main machine I use.  It's really a ham/glute machine, seems to get the mid - upper hams and the exact running motion in delivering foot strike to the ground.  It's an obsolete machine and only aftermarket parts are available.  I'm going in tonight to see how hard it would be to fix it.  I'll bring some tools.  

Tomorrow I'll send the email requesting entry into Berry College track meet.  The more I think about it, the more unlikely it seems to be possible.  The SAA has adopted strict covid protocols and it would be very easy and safe for the coach to say no.   I got the Moderna vaccine #1 at the Walmart in Sparta yesterday.  I'll be going back end of the month to complete the vaccine sequence.  It was an 80 mile drive there, but I'm glad I got it done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment