Sunday, March 14, 2021

200m indoor race

Mission accomplished.  Improved on my WL time slightly, despite running with a sore ham.  Just happy to have raced, walked away without injury.

200m - 25.88 

I was worried about this race because of my ham soreness, but it was ok.  Now several hours later, it's actually less sore than before the race.  This weekend was again a learning experience.   Both races, not particularly well executed.

After being reshuffled twice, I ended up in lane 4.  Not bad, certainly better than the other masters guy, an M52 guy who drew lane 1, (he finished at 28.80).   It was a full heat of 2 masters and 4 kids aged 16-19.  Before the race I said to the teenager in lane 3, 'don't let a 60 yr old man beat ya'.    He did end up getting me by a few tenths but he said to me later, "you really had me worried for a while there."  LOL  I did fight with this 19 yr old in lane 2 all the way up the home stretch, and he got me by 0.01.  I tightened up at the end, lost a few tenths I think. 




































However, it was my fastest 200m since Spain, and just 0.18 slower than I ran at the outdoor World meet in '18. Definitely room for improvement.   Also, Poland just held an indoor Masters Championship event in Torun, site of the 2019 WMACi championships, and the Estonian guy who beat me in Spain (now M59), won their M55 200m in 26.12.   Their 400m M60 champion ran just 60.98, and 26.67 in the 200m.  Indoor rankings were a bit sparse due to covid this year, but there were major indoor meets in the US, Italy, Canada, and Poland.  I think there was one in the UK as well, not sure.  Nearly all the outdoor rankings are now out of Australia and New Zealand.   As our indoor season winds down, so does the Aussie outdoor season.  I expect to begin seeing more outdoor results from Europe in April.

Since my ham is ok, I hope to train tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday after work in prep for my last shot at a 400m indoor season PR in Louisville on Sat.   

I was 140.5 lbs when I returned from the meet.  Weight is better than last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment