Tuesday, March 16, 2021

tempo 300s

 Rain ending this morning in Sewanee, upper 50ºs, some fog and winds S/SW.   I was feeling like I wasn't ready to do an intensive tempo workout today after yesterday's volume, but it went real well, despite the wind and wet track, and the fact this was the 5th day in a row I've been on the track.   Happy to say, my body is holding up, due in part I think to my low body weight and good shoes.  So, I guess I'll give the indoor 400m one last shot this season on Sat.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 3 x100m warmup

4 x 300m w/ 2:30 rest - 48.17, 49.26, 51.10, 49.85 (49.60 avg)

This was my fastest set of tempo 300s in 3 yrs, slightly faster than I was running in June '20 and the fastest since 2017 when I used to do 2 to 2:15 rest.  Surprising since it comes on a consecutive day of training with not much recovery.  However, after my workout yesterday, I didn't do anything but rest and nap.  That was helpful.  My lower ham is still a bit tight but better.

I hope to be out on the track Thurs just before sunset in Murfreesboro and a shake out Friday.  I may do some 200m race pace on Thurs, but keep the volume low.  

139.4 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment