Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Gym and track meet schedule

I was at the gym tonight doing my favorite machine, the rotary hip-glute machine and while carrying dumbells out of the free weight room I was confronted by a student football player who told me I can't take the dumbells out of that room.  I had to refer him to the Assist AD if he had a problem, and ignored him.  The thing is, I've been adding weight to this machine for several yrs, and just repaired it.  It's working fine and if it breaks, I'll fix it again.  I really believe no one at Sewanee cares about this 30 yr old obsolete machine more than I do.  The thing is... all these college athletes and coaches will be gone in 4-5 weeks, drinking beer by the lake, and I'll be still here, training in the gym alone and on the track in the sweaty hot months of May, June, and July, getting ready for Nationals.  I don't need to have someone to telling me what I can't do in my training, especially a kid.  Been at it for a decade.

Tonight, I did 5 x 45-50 w/ 300 lbs.  150 lb stack + 2 x 75 dumbells. 



Lee University Track Meet

Lee just changed the schedule for the Flames Invitational on April 9-10.   They moved the 200m event to Friday 5:00 pm and the 400m is 12:20 on Sat.  I'm thinking about running both races and getting a room in Cleveland, TN on Friday so I don't have to drive back to Sewanee during Friday rush hour.  It's only 84 miles from Sewanee, but you have to drive through Chattanooga which is frequently problematic.  So, we'll see.  


No comments:

Post a Comment