Friday, March 12, 2021

pre race day shake out

 Warm and variably cloudy this early afternoon in Sewanee.  I carefully stretched, did drills, bands, massage and a brief 100m tempo set on turf.  Every thing is go.  Just a few minor sore spots - R hip flexor and L lower ham tendon.  I should be fine for tomorrow.  Heading to Louisville tonight.  

On the initial heat sheets on Sunday, I lucked out and got lane 5 in both the 400 and 200, although I'm really not sure if I want to race 2 400s on consecutive days then a 200m.    We don't have lane assignments for tomorrow but only 3 of us are running the 400 so should be lane 5 or 6.  I guess I'll decide after the first 400 what I'm going to do.  Hell, I might even run both races both days, although that is probably asking for trouble.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, massage, 2 x 100m strides

4 x 100m on turf w/ 20 sec rest ~ 14.5-14.8

more stretches and massage

 

I can't recall the last time I was this light.  I'm now 2 lbs lighter than peak season in July:  

138.3 lbs after workout. 

It's a great time to alive in Sewanee, just 2 weeks from wildflower season, in shape and training, and just mailed the check today to pay off my house.  Hopefully will be debt free for life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment