Saturday, March 13, 2021

Indoor 400m race

 400m - 57.81

Went for it this time, and a bit too hard, and rigged in the end.  Not quite yet in shape to sustain the second 200m after going out in 26 flat.  Last week I went out about 26.9, so I need to hit somewhere in between to break 57.  I literally went out at WR pace, and the last 30m seemed to take forever.   Looking at that race clock at 52 tick down as I tie up in the last 30m is a helpless feeling.   

Still, it's the only M60 400m time in the world so far this yr in the 57s.  I'm hoping to take one more crack at it next weekend as I'm signed up for just the 400m.  

As soon as I started the race, I became aware of that soreness in my lower ham tendon behind my knee.  No sign at all of the quad issue I had earlier this week.  It's just sore, and it's not in the main muscle, so hopefully I'll be able to run the 200m tomorrow.  It's a long long wait because the 200m is the last event and the meet starts at 2:00 and it's a much bigger meet than today.  Several heats and I think as many as a dozen in the 200.  I actually signed up for all 3 sprints but with this soreness, best not to race the 60m and just go for the 200m.  I may not race til after 4:00 pm.   Right now I have lane 6 which would make it worthwhile as long as they don't change it.  If I'm too sore, I'll just can it and go home.   

Nice weekend ... watch TV, eat, sleep, race, drive.  



No comments:

Post a Comment