Saturday, March 6, 2021

Pre race shake out

Sunny, breezy and cool at the Sewanee track.  The college team had timing set up for a time trial.  I spoke briefly to the coach, he said they just purchased a new Eagle Eye timing system.    If I didn't have a meet and I knew he was doing this, I might have asked him to jump in.   My feet took a beating yesterday from 700m of sprints in spikes, so I stayed on the grass today. 

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, massage gun

5 x 100m on turf with 30 sec rest ~ 15 - 15.5

stretches

Still think I'm not where I should be in terms of conditioning for the 400m.   A last 50m 'rig' waiting to happen.  But, this is just the first meet of a long season, and being light, injury free, and healthy is everything.  Be happy to break Rob's outdoor WL of 58.60.  That would be a good goal for this first meet.  

139.8 lbs after workout.  Lightest this year.  The pursuit of strength to weight ratio is on going.  The new Wellness center gym is open now til 11pm every night.  They unfortunately don't have a hip/glute machine but they do have a new stairmaster, the kind that looks like a staircase.  

I enjoyed watching the Sewanee time trials.  They've got some good sprinters.  Three 400m guys running about 52, 55, and 57 today.  The girls, not so fast, about 65 for the winner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment