Monday, March 15, 2021

volume overdistance: 600s, 500

 Back out today on the track, nothing fast, just some over distance volume.  Low 60's, variably cloudy, winds gusting from the SW.  Didn't kill myself in terms of times or effort, just wanted to get in some volume.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, roller, 2 x 100m on turf, 50m acceleration

2 x 600m - 1:45.26, 1:44.23

500m - 83.20

The first 600m felt pretty stiff and clunky, wasn't too hard or fast, and with about 15m rest, I did another but a bit faster.

After these I was debating on what to do.  Almost walked away at that point, since I may be out tomorrow for some intensive tempo... but I decided to run a 500m.   It actually felt much easy than I expected.  After a 400m of 66.7, I was able to sprint the last 100m in 16.5 and it felt pretty strong.  

It's probably a 'fools errand' to expect to improve on my 400m this weekend after racing 2 weekends consecutively.  There is a reason the pros don't race consecutive weekends, let alone 3.  But, I'm still a go to try.   I'll train tomorrow and maybe a little Wed and a shake out on Friday.

140.6 lbs after workout

No comments:

Post a Comment