Monday, March 29, 2021

shots and weights

As I mentioned, I fixed the glute machine.  The cable wasn't long enough but it seems to work just fine with one lower pulley instead of 2. (see bottom of photo)

Now I can bust some butt.  I loaded it up tonight with 140 lbs - two 70 lb dumbells on top of the 150 lb stack.  I did 5 x 50 each side and it worked perfectly.  I'm inclined to order the correct cable, maybe the machine would last longer, but for now, it works and the cables do not rub anywhere on the machine, although close.  

I couldn't wait for the PRP injection in my carpal tunnel to work so I got yet another steroid shot today, so hopefully I can sleep.  

Yesterday, got the 2nd Moderna covid vaccine,  ZERO side effects, none.  Fully vaccinated now. 

I had a student drop off my teaching schedule for the next 2 weeks so I can train Monday and Tuesday nights in the weight room if I want.  

Tomorrow is speed day and it looks beautiful.  Sunny, near 70º.  After Wed, winter returns.  It will be below freezing for 3 nights in a row, but sunny for a week + and a warming trend.   Friday will be crisp and cool for overdistance, sunny and a high of only about 50º.   

This body weight experiment is working, I'm feeling far less wear and tear and/or pain in the foot or joints since I dropped below 140 lbs.   I haven't felt the need to train on turf for a while.  I'm eating basically high protein, low fat, low carb.  Mostly chicken, fish, eggs, milk, shredded parmesan, berries, raw vegetables,  juices - orange, cherry, pomegranate, coffee, Hammer Recoverite, protein powder, and collagen powder.  Also, ordered some BBQ salmon skin chips.  Great snack food but a little expensive, a great nutritional profile - 10g protein,  5 g fat, zero carb.   Recently, just started adding occasionally a little oat bran and bread.   One main meal after training.  

Was 137.7 after weights tonight.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment