Sunday, March 28, 2021

tempo 300s

After heavy rains last night, Sewanee was cooler today, mid 50ºs, shifting NW winds, mostly cloudy with some sun.  I didn't feel optimistic coming to the track today due to poor sleep last night, but I always feel better after a workout.  Killed it again.

Hoka trainers on 

stretches, drills, 2x100m on turf

4 x 300m w/ 2:30 rest - 48.17, 48.48, 50.97, 48.32 (avg 48.99)

Just slightly faster than last time, about 49 avg.   Was going to do more, but I have to get out of town today for my 2nd vaccine.   Then tomorrow, another steroid shot in my carpal tunnel so I can sleep again.  

I fixed the glute machine last night at the Fowler Center.  The cable they received was too short but I made it work by eliminating one of the 2 lower pulleys.  I did 6 sets (3x each side) with 120 lbs added to the stack.  Worked fine.  I may order the correct cable and install it, but for now, it works.  I may go in tonight to work out, or I may wait til tomorrow night.  Be back on the track for speed work Tues.

Another all time low for weight:  136.2 lbs after workout, and that's after I ate breakfast.




No comments:

Post a Comment