Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Tempo 300s

 Feels like spring, sunny, mid 60ºs and windy... gusty W/SW wind at the Sewanee track.  Got out early today to do this 'gold standard' tempo workout since I work this afternoon in Murfreesboro.

Hard workout but didn't kill me.  Felt pretty good.  Ran a 200m hill sprint afterward.  No pains or strains.  Should be good to go for another weekend of racing.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 3 x 100m, bands

50m acceleration

4 x 300m w/ 2:30 rest - 48.47, 49.19, 50.79, 51.54 (avg 50.0)

200m hill sprint - 41.74

Yea, technically just under 50 avg... (49.9975).  My fastest set this year, good considering the wind.  On par with and slightly faster than the same workouts I was doing in June, but significantly under the standards of 2015-17 where I was doing the same or faster w/ 30 sec less rest.   

This was the lightest I've been for workout in a long time and I could feel it.  Even on the last rep, I got the final 100m in under 17 and I just feel 'bouncier,' like I'm running with less gravity, spending more time in the air.  Tomorrow, I'll be off and Friday, a light shake out workout on turf.

Yesterday, I did a hard bike ride in the morning and resistance bands in the afternoon.  

I wonder what my limits are.  If I keep busting it, and don't get hurt, and keep getting lighter... will I be able to go 56 or even break 56?  Hasn't been done by an M60 American in 9 yrs since Charles Allie.  This weekend I'd just be happy to better my times.  

139.3 lbs after workout


No comments:

Post a Comment