Thursday, April 1, 2021

Racing spikes

UPDATE:
Omni-lite company wrote me back and the XLs are still available!
-----------------------

(previous post)

It seems that the shoes and technology I've sworn by for a decade is becoming obsolete and hard to find.  I just discovered that the spike manufacturing company Omni-lite that makes the long thread (XL) ceramic spikes made to use with risers, is pretty much out of the biz.  Their spikes, especially the XLs are becoming impossible to find.  I seem to have plenty of spike risers and Xmas tree XL spikes, my preferred spike, but am beginning to run short of the pyramid XLs.   Oh well, I'll make due.  I did see one company that still sells the xmas tree XLs, i do have plenty of those, and risers too.   



In new technology, there has been a buzz about the new Nike Air Zoom Viperflys which were apparently never issued or withdrawn from the market due to a situation where they have not received approval.  Some are saying the spike plate provides 'unfair advantage' ... and there have been some hysterical stories to that effect.  









It looks like the Sewanee lacrosse game tomorrow is indeed canceled so I can train when I want tomorrow.  Probably around noon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment