Thursday, December 29, 2022

Yet another training shoe

I miss doing speed work in spikes. They really do a number on my foot.  In fact, the constant use of spikes in every workout 10 yrs ago, contributed to the foot injury that took me out for the 2013 season - a fracture of the 5th metatarsal.  Now my issue is just simple arthritis.  

So... I'm going to try a padded middle distance spike.  They're Hoka Crescendos, not real expensive.  They have a full plate, six spikes, a good amount of forefoot cushion, and they are reportedly slightly lighter than my Nike Maxflys, under 5 oz.  I won't get them til late next week.  

Hopefully, the padding will help preserve my foot and allow me to better work on speed and form.   Will be helpful when the track is wet, especially in those slimy parts under the tree.  Still won't be using them more than once a week tops.  

HOKA Crescendo MD spikes




No comments:

Post a Comment