Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Possible meets - indoor 22-23

Rainy day and I'm enjoying the recovery day.  Soreness is going away.  Just doing some upper body, mobility exercises, and stretching.  May go to the gym tonight.

I need to decide how much I'm going to race this indoor season and whether I'm going to go to Nationals or more unlikely, Worlds.  It really depends on my performance and no way to know unless I race.  My primary indoor track I'll probably be racing on anytime soon is the Crossplex in Birmingham.  I could drive to Louisville, KY, but it's further.   January has the most opportunities to race.  There is at least one in Feb.  Indoor nationals are in KY at Norton 3/10-12.   Registration deadline is Feb. 9 for Nationals, end of Jan. for Worlds.  

If I enter Nationals, I'd like to race at least 3 or 4 times prior.  So, here are the options.  These do not include outdoor meets that start end of Jan in GA, nor any meets in KY.  Of course, I won't race in all of these.  

Dec 17 - Birmingham Galleria Games

Jan 6 - Birmingham AL vs South

Jan 8 - Birmingham Wanda Lee T

Jan 15 - Birmingham Emory

Jan 22 - Birmingham KMS 

Jan 29 - Birmingham Coach Miami

Feb 12 - Birmingham TFCUSA

In addition, there are a few DI and DII college meets I might be able to get in, both in AL and KY.  I'd like to run at Vandy again but those days are probably over.   Also, there are some outdoor meets.  From these, there are ample choices to fill up an indoor season, perhaps racing every other week depending on my fitness.  If I stay healthy, I can see myself doing 4 or 5 of these meets.  Probably one first week in Jan, Emory, Coach Miami, and TFCUSA.  



No comments:

Post a Comment