Thursday, December 29, 2022

tempo 300s, 100m hill sprints

60º and mostly cloudy with an occasionally brisk S - SE wind.   Today was the hard one.   Survived the 4x300m intensive tempo set and then was feeling good enough to do 3x100m hill sprints.  My foot felt much better today.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m

Adidas trainers on

4x300m w/ 3 min rest - 48.72, 49.90, 51.47, 54.35 (avg 51.11)

Hoka trainers on

3x100m hill sprints - 19.8, 19.2, 18.8

I elected to run with the wind on the first half of the 300m and into the wind on the last half.  With the brisk headwind on the home stretch, I wasn't planning on any improvements in avg time, but I actually did improve over last time by a scant margin (0.17).   It was brutal as usual.  

I then went to the hill at Roark's Cove Rd and ran the 100m sprint 3x, each one a bit faster.  My foot tolerated the workout well.  

As a testament of how little the track is used this time of year, I found the cones I used to mark the track in the same locations where I left them a week ago.  Yesterday, there was a girl pushing a baby stroller on the track.  I've bitched at her before and I'm sure she expected me to again, but I just said, "Happy holidays" and smiled.  

Not sure when I'll be back out, probably will be at Marist on Sun and Mon with weather warm enough for some speed work ... forecast to be near 70º both days!  

140.7 lbs after workout.   

No comments:

Post a Comment