Tuesday, December 13, 2022

tempo 150s, bike climb

50º, windy, overcast in Sewanee.  I was at the track for a third day in a row, but ran on turf.  Did a maintenance set of 150s and then did a hard bike climb.  Rarely do I run and bike the same day, but I know tomorrow will be a washout so I went for it.  Running the 2nd and 4th rep of the tempo set were against a stiff wind.  

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, stick, 2x100m

4x150 w/ 30- sec rest on turf - 23.3, 25. 5, 25.1, 24.1

bike climb - Roark's Cove Rd - 24 min

Wasn't sure I would run today, though I might just bike due to the usual sore foot and a little high R ham issue.  But after warmups, I went for the turf run, taking advantage of the situation of having the field to myself.  Had to move lacrosse nets.   It was fine.  Good workout.  Best workout you can do in about 3 min.

The bike climb afterward seemed unusually hard, probably due to the running workout, but I made it up in 24 min flat which is not bad.

Did some core work this morning before I left.

141.5 lbs after workout.   



No comments:

Post a Comment