Wednesday, December 28, 2022

500, 100

 


About 51º, sunny, with a brisk S wind at the Sewanee track.  There was still a little snow on the track in the shade.   First running in a week and wanted to ease into it and not do a lot.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m

500m - 83.84 (66.43, 17.41)

90 sec rest 

100m ~ 16

The 500m started out ok with the first 200m in under 31, but the headwind caught me on the 3rd 200m and slowed me considerably.  I rested 90 sec and ran a 100 into the wind.  

I was going to do more but my foot hurt and I'm planning on being out there tomorrow for a more substantial workout.  So I quit after the 'split 600.'

I definitely did not gain weight over the holiday.   140.4 lbs after workout.  

I can't figure out why but my lats are wicked sore.  Probably the rowing sprints.  I can't imagine the  kettlebell or deadlifts would make my lats sore.  Seems weird.  Rowing never used to make me so sore.   

Didn't feel all that good today.  At least I'm not heavy and the weather looks good.  


No comments:

Post a Comment