Thursday, December 15, 2022

150 tempo on turf

Colder today, mid 40ºs, windy but sunny.  When it gets cold, factors like sun, wind, precip, all make a difference.   So, other than the wind, it wasn't too bad, but definitely feels like winter. 

After 3 consecutive days of running, the foot was feeling it, so I did the minimum... 

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2x100

4x150m on turf w/ 30 sec rest - 23.3, 25.7, 24.9, 25.1

2 x 20m starts 

Reps 2 and 4 were into the wind.  I entertained the idea of trying to get 5x, but the brevity of only a 30 sec rest looms large after the 3rd rep.  Not even enough time to catch a breath and get a drink.  Just a few moments of recovery and then 10 sec countdown to go again.   

Despite my present lack of conditioning, I'll probably race on Sat. because I need a base point to see where I am, and to get a starting point from which to improve.   It's going to be a weird one.  An all ages meet with an 19+ open division.  There are 19 yr olds running 49 and a 78 yr old who might run 80.  I guess that's the beauty of an 'open division'.  I just worry about getting stuck in a bad lane.  Any lane 1-3 is bad.  

Not as light as I'd like to be but not bad.  141.4 lbs after workout.  

Here we go again, track season...



No comments:

Post a Comment