Tuesday, March 1, 2022

200m hills

 61º today in Sewanee and sunny.  I went to the track to warm up then hit the hill.  3 days with no training since Friday, feel soft and out of shape.  I went to see if I could tolerate 200m hill sprints, and I did.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m, bands

5 x 200m hill sprints 

Can still feel the injury slightly on the flat, but could have easily run an 800m today, but I deferred to the hill.   The injury is definitely improved, but no level running until 100% gone.  I should have handled it this way from the beginning.  If I had, I wouldn't have lost Nationals, which I officially canceled today.  

These 200s hill sprints were very difficult.  I don't think I've ever done 5x in a session.  They are every bit as tough as fast 300s if not more.  I ran most of them today 44-46, same time as a 300m.  When I'm in shape, I can break 40 in a 200m hill sprint, although wasn't running nearly all out.  I did the first 3 with 4 min rest and after the third, I was almost crawling in lactic in my calves and glutes.   I rested to squeeze out 2 more. 

May do stairs on Thurs morning.   Hoping to return to the track in maybe 2 weeks or so to begin again with foundation.  I'm sure I've lost a lot of fitness.  Probably won't race til at least May.  There really is no rush at this point.  

Although I'm feeling soft and a bit flabby, still just 141.5 lbs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment