Monday, March 28, 2022

100m hill sprints, rehab

Felt good to go to the track and warmup before my hill sprints.  I started slow and gradually sped up until I felt the slightest twinge of soreness, then stopped.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 50m, bands

5 x 100m hill sprints ~ 20-24

RDLs, Nordic eccentric drops, squats, lunges 

Felt good.  Very little sign of the injury but still playing it very safe.  Probably do 2 or 3 similar workouts before I start mixing in one session of flat track running a week, then 2.  All out I can barely break 18 on this steep hill in a 100m, so my last 2 were pretty hard, 20.5, and 20.  Still running cautiously, short stride.

Beautiful sunny and cool today but not cold.  Will do a little hiking.  

Training and rehab are like a ladder.  Instead of going up and up, it's like 2 steps up and one step back.  Eventually, I'll get back to the top.  Happy to be on the ladder.  

May go to the gym tonight.  





  

No comments:

Post a Comment