Tuesday, March 29, 2022

bike climb, new exercises

I'm in reasonable shape since I did today's bike climb in about 22:30, about a minute off my PR.   I also tried some new exercises.  Both are variations on the theme: RDLs with leg locked straight, and kettle swings with both legs locked straight.  Both these exercises target the proximal ham area much more than just a slight knee flex.  

My dad keeps expressing caution that this 'white tendon tissue' will never heal if it's stressed.  From what I gather, there has to be a happy medium where the stress load is carefully monitored and pain remains low and continues to abate.  If it increases, then more complete rest.  

I have a colleague who is training through an achilles tendon injury and he seems to accept that it always hurts.  I was in the same boat in early Feb and was running at 90% speed.  My pain is far better now than it was back then, and it's taken some restraint not to simply dive into track workouts.  But, I want it gone.  It has to be gone to sprint anything shorter than a 400m with confidence.  I do think I'm making progress
but it's not gone.... yet.  But it will be.   

Hopefully get my stadium stair workout in on Thursday morning.   Hills Sunday or Mon.  Maybe start some light track by 4/11.  We'll see.

Been eating not very well lately, but at least eating small.

142.8 after workout. 

Beautiful in Sewanee this time of year.  Trout lilies just opening up.  From yesterday's brief hike...



No comments:

Post a Comment