Wednesday, March 9, 2022

more biking, realization

Same as yesterday, winteresque weather, mid 40ºs and cloudy and I biked up Roarkes Cove again today.  I'm doing this about 4-5 times a week now and like last time, this was a solid effort, just under 24 minutes.  (my PR is 21:40).  Even with the cool weather, got a sweat coming up, freezing going down.

My realization is this: the less running I do now, the sooner I will be able to get back to running.  4 days with no running and good cross training, the injury has improved significantly.   If I had taken a solid 3-4 weeks off back in Dec-Jan, I probably would have been good to go for Nat'ls.  It really kills me that I won't be at the Armory.  

Tendons take a long time to heal and with any over use injury like tendonitis, continuing to stress the tendon can't be healthy.  That is why I really think PT should only be done after the pain is gone and significant healing has taken place.  Since this much improvement has happened in just 4 days of no running, I'm going to give it a few weeks I think.  

I will be starting over again when I start running.  I don't care how much one thinks you can cross train into shape, there is no way to be in '400m shape' without those track intervals.   Just not possible.  There is no substitute.   

Weight is under control.  Certainly not race weight but about 142-43 after workouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment