Sunday, March 20, 2022

bike, RDLs

Beautiful 1st day of spring.  Low 60ºs and sunny in Sewanee.   Biked up the mountain today and did some RDLs (single leg Romanian deadlifts) with 23 lb dumbell.   This has been one of the best level 3 exercises for my rehab.  Seems to be less stress than Nordic ham curls and even long leg bridges.  The RDLs in combo with adductor band work seems to be really quite beneficial.  I stretched at the track and tested myself with a jog.  Felt ok.  On schedule to be running soon.  Will start stadium stairs on Thurs.  Then the next week, 100m hills and stairs, then track in 2 weeks. Will start with 2 days week running, and will maintain rehab.  We'll see how the old body responds.  

Indoor season is pretty much over.  Benoit Z. at French Nationals ran 58.89, so I finish the indoor season #2 in world, #1 in US in the M60 400m, in my one and only early 400m race from 12/12.  I'm surprised that no M60 Aussie has run under 63 in the 400m, but that may change as their outdoor season in coming to a close with their outdoor Nationals on 4/1.  

Looking ahead, hoping to start racing late May.  Tracklab has a meet May 21.  Maybe I can aim for that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment