Friday, March 18, 2022

Rehab going well, Indoor Nationals

 Mixing in some RDLs and squats with my long lever bridges is definitely helping.  I'm planning to run stadium stairs next week.  

What looked like a potentially competitive field at Nationals evaporated.  Winning time was only 62.76.  I ran 60.32 in trainers 5+ weeks ago.  I could have won nationals completely untrained, in hiking boots, running backwards.  Oh well.

Little did I think that my first 400m race in 58.75 back on 12/12 would hold up as #2 in the world, only .06 behind #1.

What this injury has taught me is that sprinting at age 60 is a rare and true privilege, and that I must do this rehab right and give myself plenty of time, listen to my body and maintain a fitness regime so that when I do start to run, I will be able to not have to play months of catchup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment