Sunday, April 4, 2021

tempo 300s / hill sprints / another schedule change

Perfect day this Easter Sunday, 66º and sunny, light winds.    I had the track to myself.   

I was a little apprehensive about trying to 'one up' myself with this tempo regime... but I did, again.  Significantly.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

4 x 300m w/ 2:30 rest: 47.57, 47.85, 49.99, 48.65 (avg. 48.52)

Hill sprints: 200m, 2 x 100m - 39.5, 18.5, 17.8

Another best by a half second avg.  I felt ok afterward to do 3 hard hill sprints, faster than usual.  Even after the hill sprints, I felt like I could have done more, but I may need to get back out there soon, if not tomorrow.   I really need to do some low volume maximum short speed work, block starts, and prehab if I'm going to race a 200m in 5 days.  I'd hate to get hurt in the 200m and not log a 400m time after all this work. 

Still at an all time low body weight: 135.1 lbs after workout.  I forced myself to eat bread this morning even though I wasn't hungry.   I really don't need to lose any more weight.  If I hadn't had a little this morning, I would have been 134 after my workout.  

Race Schedule

Despite Coach Luke's warm invitation to race at Berry, I received permission from Lee University Coach Byrd to race in their 2 day meet.  I've been really flattered at the level of welcome, respect, and acceptance from these coaches.   Coach Byrd sent me a very gracious email, "We look forward to having you compete, we are excited you are attending" ... and he asked me to send a bio. 

So, it's Lee University on Friday for the 200m, Saturday for the 400m.   

 


No comments:

Post a Comment