Friday, April 16, 2021

10 year anniversary of Sprint Forever

10 years ago today, I started this blog.  I did it because my other general blog, Bill's TN Paradise, was becoming increasingly devoted to training, so I felt I needed a blog devoted to training and masters track.  So, on April 16, 2011, I launched Sprint Forever.  I had been posting workouts for years at that point, beginning years earlier when I was pursuing competition in 5k road races in my late 40's, and also during my first months as a sprinter in my first full year of competition in 2011.   I started sprinting doing just indoor meets, then on 3/19/11, I ran my first outdoor college meet, a 100m race at Austin Peay's Governor's Invitational.  It was an amazing experience.   My first 100m since high school was 12.56.   That was the beginning.  A few weeks later I tweaked my hamstring racing a 100m at Vanderbilt then I transitioned to 400m training.  That's how it began.  

Since the beginning of this blog, I've put up 1,755 posts, most of them being workouts, or track meet reports.  It's definitely been a lifestyle I would not have imagined being a part of 20 yrs ago.  Tomorrow, I'll be racing in my 57th college track meet since I turned 50.  

1 comment:

  1. I came across this blog about three years ago. You have been an inspiration to me. I am 52 and am training for my own specific sport, which requires sprinting. It is a completely different mindset and training regime, for sprinting athletes over 50.

    Thanks for your blogging and look forward to continue following your journey.

    ReplyDelete