Friday, April 16, 2021

Pre race shake out, but a tweak / Masters track in Europe

 Didn't want to do anything challenging today, but unfortunately I 'felt something' in the same left quad where I previously felt it last Sunday.  I should be ok for tomorrow, as I did a pretty good volume of relaxed sprints after initially feeling it.  It's slightly sore but with some prehab tonight, I should be fine for tomorrow's race.  None of these sprints were particularly aggressive, but I felt the quad in the very first 50m, accelerating from the line, and then in my last 200m.  I ran relaxed long sprints from lane 2, since that's my lane tomorrow.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100, 50

50m from 3 pt stance - 7.10

2 x 100m from lane 2 on the turn - 13.09, 13.90

3 x 200m - 26.66, 27.13, 27.90

Funny, I felt like I was not running anywhere near race pace, but my first 200m was about exactly race pace, and quite effortless.  That just shows where my perception is.  I really have no reason to run faster than 13 sec 100m pace, and just maybe a bit of caution because of this slight quad issue will play to my advantage.  I almost don't even care about my time, I just want to finish the race.   

The meet tomorrow is a college open meet, with a few unattached.  I am the slowest 400m seed, all guys in my heat are 53 - 55, one at 57, so not too far ahead.   I like the schedule, it's an evening meet.

Was happy to get a lot of sleep last night, first time in a while.

136.5 lbs after workout

---------------

Masters track season in Europe is heating up.  

There are now more results coming in from Europe and it looks like there may be a late season European Championship meet in Oct. in Portugal.  Americans are welcome to enter.  It is tentatively scheduled for Oct. 14-23 in the beautiful Mediterranean coastal town of Vila Real de Santo António, on the border of Spain.  Might be something I'd consider entering.  Also, numerous European towns are announcing masters/open meets later this summer.  So the rankings will be heating up as the season progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment